The Water Cooling Saga begins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things to consider... You might try setting up the GPU blocks in parallel flow (GPU blocks aren't sensitive to flow like CPU blocks are) which will increase the flow of the entire loop. The rad placing is fine, having them set horizontally can be a pain (when bleeding).

You might consider adding another t-line/valve line, it'll make draining so much easier. Something like this:
2r3cx75.png

Having a reservoir also makes filling a loops loads easier/faster

I'll experiment around with the Rad, find the best position for it. As the rest of the loop is good to go though, time to start construction tonight! :D:D
edit: or it would be, except I forgot I have no distilled water lol. Gotta pick some up.

Pump should not go direct to the radiator.

Should go straight to the water blocks.

i have my pump going straight to the rad, ive never heard anyone have any problems with a pump to the rad, ive ALWAYS hear loop order should be res>pump>rad>CPU>GPU(x?)>res

i have my pump going straight to the rad, ive never heard anyone have any problems with a pump to the rad, ive ALWAYS hear loop order should be res>pump>rad>CPU>GPU(x?)>res

Well, I have heard that setting the res up after the components being cooled, causes the reservoir(s) water to heat up. I've never had any issues except when running two 5970s on one triple rad, the rad was getting a little warm. I switched the order of the res to res/pump to to rad>res>pump>gpu1>gpu2>rad... and the rad stopped getting warm. Also because the rad was cooler, so too were the GPUs.

Yeah I reckon I'm just gonna go with how I've got pictured. All my research I can't really find a reason why you'd not go pump > rad > cpu instead of pump > cpu > rad

Got 4 litres of distilled water on its way home with my bro right now (having a mad scientist in the family really comes in handy sometimes :p) so I'll be putting everything together tonight! Wish me luck :sweat::crazy::sick:

OK QUESTION! Just wanna make sure I'm doing this right before I hook it all up and cut all the tubing etc.

My two GPUs. How???? Just...how? Right now I've got it setup like this:
amirite.png

Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom