Water Cooling 101 An In-Depth Guide to Taking the Plunge.

^ Good to know..

I used typical Worm drive automotive hose clamps on the outlet of the pump and a couple on the radiators.. I didn't know if they were ok to use in a computer (I'm a car guy also)... So I put them in a location where metal contact wouldn't be an issue.

That set up worked NICE for gaming! The GPU stayed around 44* and the processor stayed around 35*.. :D (running a temp rig for now.. gotta RMA My GB MoBo now.. )

I'm really way too lazy to read it, but I'll take other peoples word that it's good. Or I could just bug you and listen to you rant at me for no reason for hours on end :p

I'd be glad to show off some i7 + GTZ pics if needed ;)
Picked up the GTZ from Petras Tech Shop today :D

And make a PB account to store pics!!! Some sites might take them down, it sucks to have a good guide with lots of links to pics... but then the pics are not there anymore :(

Very nice guide Aspire. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time! Watercooling has been something I've wanted to get into, but just not had the time to learn about it.

Great work! Keep it up *clicks rep scale!* ;)

Wow, thanks! I've been wondering how a watercooling setup works for a while. This really makes a lot of sense how it all works, it's really a great idea. One question on how it works though, on the blocks, is there a top and bottom part to them? I'm wondering if the cooling liquid actually runs against the PC part or does it run between 2 parts of the block?

Wow, thanks! I've been wondering how a watercooling setup works for a while. This really makes a lot of sense how it all works, it's really a great idea. One question on how it works though, on the blocks, is there a top and bottom part to them? I'm wondering if the cooling liquid actually runs against the PC part or does it run between 2 parts of the block?

There is a base of a block that has machined pins or fins in it. There is also a top piece that forces the flow of water through the fins/pins. These two pieces are screwed together with an o-ring to seal it.

Ah I see now, I remember the fins from the tutorial but wasn't sure if it was the top or bottom piece, Thanks! If I ever do a build, I would seriously consider doing this!

When you get a case section up, and the case comes out, you should look into the NZXT Panzerbox. It looks like a real winner for accommodating water cooling. You can stick a dual 120mm rad under the top of the case without any extra modding.

Definitely my case of choice when it comes out.

When you get a case section up, and the case comes out, you should look into the NZXT Panzerbox. It looks like a real winner for accommodating water cooling. You can stick a dual 120mm rad under the top of the case without any extra modding.

Definitely my case of choice when it comes out.

The Cosmos S will house a Swiftech MCR-320 in the top without modding.

Back
Top Bottom