Sound activated cold cathode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
I know this must be a common issue but I ran a search and couldn't find any previous postings... I got the 15" sound activated cold cathode kits from Logisys in blue and UV, and can't seem to make the sound activation module work right. I took one and wired it to a headphone jack, and got nada. Wouldn't turn on to anything in sound. Plus that one was all glitchy and it would be on even when in off mode. Maybe I wired it wrong- I bundled the left and right positive terminals and soldered them into the positive mic pin, then bundled the sleeve (ground) to the unlabeled mic pin. Right now i'm using the unmodified module and it won't turn on unless you knock the case, and then it won't turn off except at low sensitivity settings. Looking at the reviews quite a few people also had this problem, was wondering if any of you had any experience with these? The only thing that I can think of is to get some really long extensions and then mount it to the front of an amp or subwoofer. And did I wire the headphone jack right? Any help appreciated.

I posted it in the hardware section, and a moderator moved it here. I know it should have been in case mods now that I think about it but as to why it was moved to PC cooling i have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom