So, here are some things I learned when I visited Petras yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire

The Water Cooling Guru
Swung by the other day to say hi to Alex and the gang, wound up staying for a few hours to help do inventory. Yeah...

Now, I often hear talk that Petras is always sold out of everything.

When I left I had learned a few things:

-A sheet metal fan screw weighs just under a gram, 600 of which weigh about a pound and a quarter.

-107 tubes of MX-2 in retail packaging look like this.
Also, it's dangerous to the environment and kills fishes.

2n16ikp.jpg

-Since they started the store they have sold 12x 20pin various colored atx connectors out of a stock of 400 because when the store started, 24 pin wasn't adopted as standard.

-Nobody wants the 2 R600 EK blocks with the fluorescent orange acrylic top that burns your eyes, they still have.

-They have one pallet in the warehouse from when they ordered an entire pallet of cathode kits because the price was going to go up.

-When Petras gel stuff is cut into squares the edges get cut off and form these 2 foot long strips of the stuff. Swinging these strips around whacking people causes hilarity to ensue.

-Petras PT-Nuke original is Copper Sulfate with citric acid added, without the acid, it can be used to plate things in copper.

The moral of this story is, no, Petras is not sold out of everything.

That must have been fun. Lucky you.

I hate doing inventories but I would have enjoyed that one.

Darn they are out of mx-2 now. :)

Lucky! GOSH!!

Sometimes I go down to the local PC shop to get something small and end up browsing, and mooching free advice.. "Oh, just bring it down.. It'll only be $40 diag charge." Nah... I'll fix whatever it is.. LOL... They prolly dislike me a little. Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom