requirements for running a pelt

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many amps are needed on the 12V rail to run a pelt efficiently?

Wattage rating on the Peltier divided by the voltage it requires to run = amps at that voltage.

For example, a 300 watt power supply that runs on 12v Give you an amperage requirement of

300w / 12v = 25amps

The gist of it is, any peltier worth using, draws more power than can be readily provided by a power supply that is running a computer.

You really need a dedicated power supply.

hmm. how expensive? lol

Call it a custom made peltier water block hooked up to a dedicated water cooling loop where the hot side is cooled by it's own loop and the cold side cools a second loop to sub ambient.

Figure $100 in peltiers
$100 for power supply
$150 for a custom made block
$200 for a radiator and pump

so figure around $500 bucks for everything if you take into account the loop you already have.

Call it a custom made peltier water block hooked up to a dedicated water cooling loop where the hot side is cooled by it's own loop and the cold side cools a second loop to sub ambient.

so figure around $500 bucks for everything if you take into account the loop you already have.

whoa. much more than i expected. but also a little different. i guess i was thinking just slap a pelt under the water block i already have? lol

yeah, thats what i was thinking.

is there any simple/cheap way to chill the water in a loop? i noticed that in the morning when the water is nice and cold i get like ~10 lower load temps, which would be sweet to have all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom