Recomended useage for Phase cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I was just wondering. From what I've gathered so far, phase is good for benchmarking and literally freezing you proc.. But, what are the recommended use times to prevent condensation? I mean, I benchmark occasionally, I game occasionally (somewhat frequently) and my laptop will run Photoshop without a problem..

Is it a practical system for somewhat frequent use?? 4-8 hr gaming stints? Has anyone come up with a design to trap or evac the condensation?

I've always wanted to freeze my CPU, and since I've found P.C. cooling, it's had my attention.

I don't think it would be much useful for anything besides benching, just like any form of extreme cooling.

Expensive, risky, loud, not very practical for every day use.....did i mention expensive....very expensive. A Decent kit with the cpu attachment as well can run you well over 1k.

Expensive, risky, loud, not very practical for every day use.....did i mention expensive....very expensive. A Decent kit with the cpu attachment as well can run you well over 1k.

yep, exactly. it's like running LN2 for daily use :p

I use to have a Vapochill System that I used 24/7 with no problems what so ever. It ran everything a little faster. It's just such a pain in the arse to mess with anytime you want to change or add something. My Vapochill was made for a socket 478 and the case was cramped so I quit using it. I picked up the one I have now online in a Trading Post and I just never felt like setting it up. But I said I would, so I will. But I'm not going to leave it hooked up, but I could.

You use to be able to find a Phase fairly easy, but everywhere I look there sold-out.
Cooler Express 2007 Design Super Single Evaporator CPU Cooling Unit: CrazyPC Computers
Cooler Express 2009 Design Super Single Evaporator CPU Cooling Unit - Universal Products Model: COOLEREX-UNI [COOLEREX-UNI] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

Take a look at the OCZ Phase change unit. They have it on their online outlet store.

It won't handle a Quad, but should be fine for your average C2D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom