[Project] Large Wooden Tower - Liquid Cooled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotswood

Baseband Member
Project: Large Wooden Tower - Liquid Cooled

The Large Wooden Tower case build is done:

LeftSideNoDoor-320.jpg

(That particular case was sized to hold an EATX MB and two 120x4 radiators in the top chamber. However, the basic design of the case could be easily adjusted to accommodate 140mm radiators, EVGA's 4-Way SLI MB, etc.)

This next phase of the project involves adding the wc-ing goodness. :D But before I can do that the case requires some further customizations involving stealthing the 5.25-inch drive cage and power supply area, as in:

LeftSideNoDoorToDoCovers.jpg

The power supply "cover" is really just a simple two-sided divider.

PSDividerParts.jpg

PSDividerTIs.jpg

AssembledPSDivider.jpg

PSDivider.jpg

Stay tuned!

That looks superbly well done. You have my respect.

I can't wait to see the end result with the system and LC installed.

I mounted the quad radiators with a couple of sets of (UN)Designs Rad Brackets.

RadsMounted1.jpg

RadsMounted2.jpg

Eventually there will be two 120mm fans mounted to these case holes that will supply fresh air to the radiator fans (in a push configuration).

RadsMounted3.jpg

When I first looked at the shot of the finished case I didn't think it was wood, it looks VERY well done. Can't wait to see how it will look with the system in it :D.

The latest task was to fabricate the 5-1/4" drive bay cover. The water cooling pumps, reservoirs and an SSD will all eventually hang off of the cover.

The first order of business was to cut the 5.2mm oak veneer plywood to size. Using my trusty router, this went quickly. (Afterword, I was amazed how badly this cut looks in the photo. Believe me, the final result was a razor sharp edge). There's no better way to cut veneer plywood than with a router.

RouterCutPlywood.jpg

Next up was to cut some holes in the cover to provide a path for the air coming in from the front intake fan. I had an old template lying around the shop from a previous project, but it was awkward to use on such a small piece of material. I ended up using that template to make another template.

TemplateTemplate.jpg

OpticalCoverParts.jpg

OpticalDriveCover.jpg

All that's left to do is apply some stain and finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom