Petras Tech Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4x3r

AKA ComatoseClown
hey guys, i've been reading around here in the forums, and on your epic thread you made aspire. And i have decided to make the switch from air to water cooling. The question i have in mind is if this is a good kit to get for my i7 920 and also the possibility of SLI gpu cooling on down the road

Petra's Tech Shop

also, i have this case and was wondering where i would mount the rad

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

thanks so much for the help, any suggestions or build changes or whether or not to go with a kit would be much appreciated!

thanks, i don't know why i posted it there...meant to post it here hahaha

The rad box that comes with the kit will allow you to mount it to the back...
I actually have that kit.. minus I switched out the XSPC top for the XSPC reservoir top... You might want to consider doing a dual loop or dual radiator setup if you are doing a GPU as well... from what I've seen, most people use one rad for cpu, nb, sb - and one rad for gpu... I'm planning on using the kit to do just my CPU for now.. and then add in the nb/sb block... then I plan on adding in another loop for sli 285's...

but aspire might be able to better direct you... but from what i've read, all those parts are top notch..

thanks a lot for the advise there, i'll go ahead and order it methinks.

Hey, just got around to trolling the forums. Stupid class project has been stealing my life away all day...

I just upgraded my rig and will be cooling a q6600 and a gtx280 with an mcr320.

If you wanted to do a i7 and SLi 260 loop, you should be fine just adding either an mcr220 or 320 to the loop to deal with the added heat dump.

yea... esp for the OP.. fitting two loops might be a challenge in a mid tower.... but I know I can fit it easy in the full tower.... def. post pics when ur done, I'd like to see how you rig it up..

sure thing ^_^...can't wait to get this baby in..been wanting to get into water cooling for a long long time..just never had the cash till now

just remember one thing... once you start you wont stop... I haven't even gotten mine all together (in process of test fitting placement of parts) and I'm already looking at how I'll do it when i add another loop.. where to put another radiator.. etc... this is almost as fun as modding a car.. only less expensive and wont get me tickets...

you might be able mod the case and throw a MCR220 on the top, for the CPU, and use the rad box on the back with another MCR220 for the GPU's. that's what i would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom