New Case Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMiller8080

In Runtime
Ok, This may sound really dumb, and I could just be an idiot, but it's my first build so try to go easy on me. :p

I have a Cooler Master Storm Scout case and I decided I'd rather have blue LED fans than red ones, so I figured why not do it? The issue I'm having is in the cables.

The stock LED fans have a 4-pin connector housing (with only 2-pins in it? maybe the 4-pin connection is split two ways for power and the on/off?) which I assume goes to the power supply, as well as a 2-pin connection which from what I can tell converges with the other fans 2-pin wire, and goes to the front panel for the On/Off button.

The new LED fans I have, from Apevia, have only two 4-pin connections (male/female). Just to ask a really dumb question, why both male/female? Also is there any way I can get the one that isn't going to the power supply to run through some sort of adapter or something in order to connect it to the 2-pin wire running to the front panel for the On/Off? I would hate for that button to do nothing. =[

Thank you for any help that can be offered.

I may just be completely over looking it, but I still don't see what I need. I've actually looked on numerous sites for an adapte, but the problem is all of the ones I find have the 4-pin side I need, and the other is always the 2-pin MALE, whereas I need a female end. Would pictures help? I wonder if I could just buy the ones with male ends, and try to find some sort of extension that would be female on both sides?

EDIT: Basically, the stock fan had a 4-pin molex end and another 2-pin female end cable that went into a 2-pin male cable which went to the front panel for the on/off switch for the LEDs. All of the adapters I see have a 4-pin molex end, with a male end which doesnt do me any good since the cable it connects to (the one going to the front panel) is already the male end. That's why I suggested, maybe some sort of extension cord that is female on both sides that I could get in addition to the molex adapters that come with male ends?

I got it figured out. I realized that the fans that come with the case have two sets of wires (one for the power, one for the LEDs) whereas the ones I purchased for it have only one set of wires that just split into two connections. Ohhh the things you learn during your first build :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom