I am running an amd phenom x2 555 @ 4ghz 24/7 on a gigabyte 990fx-ud3 board. The cpu runs cool and quiet (no pun intended) at less than 10 degrees over ambient... the NB however seems to get quite hot... like to the point of skin contact for more than a few seconds would most certainly result in a burn. I don't have quantitative evidence to support this claim, but that is not the important part of my question. i currently have an old case fan (100mm maybe) freestanding on the back of my gpu blowing onto the NB. Not the safest solution, I know.
1. Does the gigabyte ud3 board have pushpin holes (or any other mounting hardware) for aftermarket nb coolers?
2. Does anybody know what the specs are of said mounting hardware?
3. Has anyone removed the stock heatsink on this board? how did that go?
4. Any suggestions for an aftermarket cooler if the board will accept them.
5. If thermal paste is required, and suggestions on that? I did just read an article on either tomshardware or anandtech reviewing thermal pastes, and a decent suggestion of adding 1 part thermal compound to 2 parts paste in order to get it to stick, but still remove when needed.