Are my temps high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirBriaNx

Beta member
I'm a little concerned with my temps. I idle around 38c on a cool day and around 42c on a hot day. I didn't even dare check the temps when it was scorching hot a couple days ago. Would of been too ashamed, but it was probably 45c.

I have the Cooler Master Storm Scout case and I don't think it is getting the job done.

Some of my specs include:

Processor:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory:
4 gigs

Hard Drive:
Western Digital 640 GB

Video Card:
XFX Radeon 4890

Operating System:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.lh_sp2rtm.090410-1830)

Motherboard:
Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Heat Sink:
Scythe Mugen 2

I am thinking of purchasing 2 120mm fans and putting them on the side of my case for more intake as I am pretty sure the intake fan in the front is not helping much at all. I am just going to have a very hard time fitting these fans in because the heatsink is so big.
My video card is currently at 45c with the fan manually set to 70%.

Should I be worried?
I'll take any suggestions, and thank you in advance.

EDIT: I also am doing absolutely no overclocking of any sort.

Those temps seem fine, maybe a bit high for idle on the CPU at 45C but still doesn't sound like anything to worry about. On the video card I'd be a bit concerned if 70% fan gives you 45C idle. If it's 45C load that would be very good.

While not excellent those temps are basically as would be expected, assuming of course you're running stock hsf solutions. What kind of ambient tempa re you seeing. If it's anything above 74-75 degrees I can't say I'm at all surprised.

Aspire, The O/P is concerned with Idle temps, so in this scheme of things its very important, plus if the temps are same from software and BIOS atleast we can believe them

Aspire, The O/P is concerned with Idle temps, so in this scheme of things its very important, plus if the temps are same from software and BIOS atleast we can believe them

In my book at least, idle temps don't mean much. What truly matters is the delta between idle and load.

In my book at least, idle temps don't mean much. What truly matters is the delta between idle and load.

True, I was having the same problem though. My software temps were crazy and my BIOS temps were good, at Idle atleast. This prompted me to look deeper into what the problem was and since I was OCing finding out my software was reading incorrectly was very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom