My Processor gets to hot with stock fan & heatsink

Kramscyth

Beta member
Prosessor is getting to hot. When playing games it hits 125 F to 135 F and sometimes 150 F. Sometime running multiple programs get it hotter like 180+ F but it is rare.

I like to get an after market fan & heatsink that will fit in my case that will keep my prosessor under 55 C because my prosessor gets unstable at 55 C.

Computer hardware Information: if needed

Prosessor: AMD FX 8150 ( 8-core, 3.6GHz, 16.0 MB Total Cache )

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO

GPU: EVGA GTX 560

RAM: G.SKILL SNIPER ( 2 x 4GB )

Computer Case: Rosewill CHALLENGER

EPU: BLACKSTONE RX-700AC ( 700 W )

I bought everything from newegg.com

55c is quite nominal for load temps during gaming. If you're CPU is unstable under the stock heatsink at stock clocks then you either have a bad CPU or it isn't getting enough power meaning bad PSU.

180F is too hot for that CPU IMO, 125-140 isn't bad.

If you really want a cooler running system, first, make sure the case fans are moving plenty of air. Second, have fun finding a heatsink, manufactures love to make tower heatsinks, why they can't make one that actually FITS with out requiring low profile ram, or a ridiculous case is beyond me.

This should fit... I am sure someone has better suggestions though.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with Intel 1366/1155/775 and AMD AM3

I said what I said because I highly doubt the CPU hit 80c. If it did the computer would have shut down. Hence why I'm thinking it's a bad CPU with a bad sensor.

It should have shut-down, but some motherboards ignore thermal shut-down and won't pull power from the CPU, some you can stop thermal shut-down in the settings.

If I remember right, 60C is about as hot as an AMD processor should ever get. They usually get near that with stock cooling, but rarely go over that, unless the heatsink is dusty.

Back
Top Bottom