Moderate Priced Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

patonb

Golden Master
So I'm looking into maybe going Water.

I'm not very hands on anymore, so I was looking around and found this by Swiftech:
Swiftech

It seems like a decent true loop "kit" but is customizable.

I only want to do my cpu and need a hassel free setup and easy install.

With the rad/pump/res all in one, it makes a nice clean kit.

Anhy thoughts on it, and how much of an improvement over my nh-u12d?

Thanks y'all

I wouldn't call a T line easier than a res, cheaper yes, but it's much easier to bleed a system with a res.

Its 339 canADIAN FROM NCIX but it has a decent block and from a true cooling company.

Peter, I'd love to build my own, but i can't build anything due to my disability... no movement of my hands or fingers... or 85% of my body. So somebody else would have to build it.... Not sure if my dads up to that kind of stuff.

They have kits too starting at 299.
NCIX.com - Buy Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima XT Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Kit - H20-220 ULTIMA XT In Canada.

But I don't have the room in my 900 right now either....

that loop is pretty much what I posted, only differences is a mcr220 in that setup minus a 320 so it fits 2 fans rather than 3, and the pump is the swiftech version of the D5 (not the manual variable speed) and obviously it has a res as opposed to a t-line. and as far as that setup you'd still have to put it together which limits things.

that first one then looks more appealing, obviously if you get the more expensive setup you get a larger radiator which will give you cooler temps over the 220. either one should give you better temps than the air cooler you have now and will look cooler to boot ;)

how bout you take that 300 buy a plane ticket to my house, i'll get everything we need for DICE cooling, and we'll take it over 5ghz for sure. haha. i think 6.93 is a bit of a stretch even for ln2

You'd probably get it over 5 GHz with DICE if your voltage regulator can handle the voltages. I got my 920 up to 4.949GHz with a phase-change and I thought the chip had a little more left when my mobo gave out.

I think you'd get more from your setup by buying a higher caliber of motherboard. With water cooling you might get an extra 100 or 200 MHz with your mobo and you might not. With a better motherboard I think you'd probably get a 100 MHz and if you then water cooled you might get up to 300-400 MHz more, maybe.

Personally I just don't see the benefit of watercooling for the price. I know if I buy "High-Caliber" components and take my time doing all the extra little things (like lapping every cpu I buy) I pretty much match or beat 75% of the water-cooler on the planet. And while some of the 25% that outperform me have "economy" grade components the majority don't.

Having cool temps is a definite plus but in truth they can only help as much as the rest of your equipment allows.

I'm only looking at possibilities.... And I know i can't get much over 4.4.. 4.6 tops with my setup.

Supposively the ud3r is a good overclock... I'm also a noob on these oc'ing x58.... I can get 4.1 but temps are at about 80 in linX 4.2 at 85C....... definately not 24/7 temps.

I haven't tweaked much at all... plus I'm still not running with the load line calibration on...

I'd also like to lower my temps abit.... If tweaking can't.... Sucks having the knowledge but not the ability.

I also ned a bigger case... Mines cramped and getting older... time to switch it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom