Which Liquid Cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so I know most people don't liquid cool unless they are crazy about overclocking and all that... but I' am sick of the fan noise and having problems with the summer heat.

So... what Liquid cooling solution is good for me?

I notice the majority of the fan noise is caused by the GPU fan (and I plan to get a second GPU later)

The secondary fan noise seems to be the stock I7 CPU cooler.

I don't needa go crazy here and liquid cool the RAM, harddrives and all that, just the GPU and CPU and if deemed necessary the north/south bridges (or other parts)

Never done liquid cooling before, kinda scared of it, but figure if I don't do this - the noise is only going to get worse.

My case is a cooler master HAF 932 so it's got good room inside and stuff for cooling tubes.

I also want RED cooling liquid, I know,, i know, silly to be so pick on colours but I HATE BLUE! lol. I saw a picture of red/black/silver used for liquid cooling where the tubes where clear with metal springs on them and stuff and it looked cool.

found the picture http://www.digitalstormonline.com/flashgallery/HAF01.jpg

Liquid Cooling doesn't necessarily mean quiet computing. You'll more than likely still have a few fans blowing thru the Radiator, thou you can use quiet low speed fans. But you can still do this with heatsinks. A good heatsink and a quiet fan at stock settings will be very quiet and cool. And you can do the same thing with the gpu. But it's all up to you. I'm sure a watercooling guru will show up to help you soon but if your interested in just upgrading your air-cooling let me know :D

How much are you willing to spend?

And yeah Slaymate hit the nail on the head, water cooling doesn't always mean quiet, it depends on what fans/pump you choose.

Well see the thing is the GPU has to pretty much be running at 100% speed to keep it under 60C and that's without using heavy gaming or anything - it gets warm here and the temps have been noticed.

Haven't had any luck turning the speed of the 3 120mm or whatever fans up, even unplugged them from the source directly and went through the mobo but haven't had any luck finding a program to help actually turn them up to get more air in to keep things cooler.

I know the Radiator could have some noisy fans, but I was hopin to get like large ones to cut that down, or mount it in a way that the 120mm in the case cool the radiator directly or something. Really I don't think the CPU fan is that noisy, if i turn my GPU fan down to 20% I don't really hear any noises at all, almost literally NO noise. So i know it's the beast GPU fan causing the noise.

sitting at 20% speed now the temp just broke 70C (no games running) so you can imagine how bad it gets running games.

@ 50% speed I can hear the fan clearly, but it manages to drop from 70C to about 58C - still way too high for my likings - especially since no games are running yet.

So obviously some sort of other cooling method should really be used, its only 72F in the room right now so when the temps hit 90s/100s this summer, this PC is gonna bake.

Budgets never really been a concern of mine - I am far from rich to afford the super high end tech stuff, but being suggested it I can look at the stats and see "why" and make a guesstimate of something I can afford.

My price I can pay right now a whopping $0.
But summer will turn this "want" into a "need" to cool better before the temps get too high.

Might as well say "No limit" but then again "be practicle"

What case do you have? And what region do you live in that you can't cool your card well?

I think, you 1st option might be to re paste you gpu heatsink, and clean your airflow in your case.

Haven't had any luck turning the speed of the 3 120mm or whatever fans up, even unplugged them from the source directly and went through the mobo but haven't had any luck finding a program to help actually turn them up to get more air in to keep things cooler.
Are those fans plugged directly (using an adapter) to a molex connector? If they are, they pretty much are running at their max speed.
What case do you have?
HAF 932.

That's more like I was hoping for - solutions to the heat problem then I can review them, get the specs (like fan speed, airflow, etc) then find other stuff "cheaper" and ask if they would perform about the same, just being a knock off company or something to make it cheaper.

a dual fan GPU fan might keep it cooler "barely turning" as you put it, which is good since the noise is the main concerns right now (and heat removal soon)

and yea the fans were plugged in from their little pin to the adapters that were built in to my power supply. I now have them in the motherboard because I was trying some other stuff and looking at RPMs. I guess I need a mod for it or something to actually increase the speeds.

I'll get more info later when I can, maybe even pictures to help and junk.

Now I plan to add another GPU - which would cut the space the fans have for intake - how much space is really recommended for fans like this? (between cards) ?
It's not the slot right under it - its another slot or maybe a third slot down.

I believe it's something like this, maybe a dif revision, but definately looks like the setup Blue is the first GPU - black would be the second. (be 2 slots in between them, being a double would cut this to 1 slot spacing between them)

I believe the last slot is also PCI x16 - but it would be directly on top of my Power supply... so I don't think that is such a great idea.
p6t-deluxe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom