Laptop>HDMI>TV=issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

khameleon

Beta member
Hi I'm new to the forums but I'm hoping someone can give me some clues to my problem.
I bought an LG 32LH5000 LCD TV a couple of days ago, I'm tryinbg to use this as my primary laptop monitor whist gaming. I've connected this via the HDMI socket with a a high quality lead. Everything is good the resolution, the colour everything. But, from what I can gather conntecting the TV is causing multiple buttons to be pressed on there own on a loop every 3 seconds or so, the buttons include 'up arrow' and 'O' not sure about any others yet. Doesnt sound like much of an issue until you try browsing the web and the pages your reading keep scrolling up.

I cant work out wether its the tv that is sending my laptop the commands to do this or wether my laptop is responding badly to being connected via HDMi or something. Once the HDMi cable is removed the laptop acts as it should and if I connect the tv via RGB this too is issue free.

I've tried windows updates and Toshiba updates and played about with all the settings on the TV but I'm drawing a blank and I'm not sure what other info to leave. Do I need new drivers for something?

Can anyone help? is there a ghost in my machine or am I just being lame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom