good water cooling cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
regarding my tubing... should i take the two top fans on the rad off and just leave two on the bottom?

also... is it bad to use food coloring in your loop?

Having fans on both sides of he radiator will benefit the airflow though the fins and will improve your temps.

Food coloring is not ideal as it does have a tendency to come out of suspension and clog up the internals of your blocks, pumps, and rads.

^ You can either use UV Sensitive colored Biocide chemical (what I'm using) or you could just get UV sensitive colored tubing (also what I have) .. a Bit overkill on my part, but it works..

I am using the Green Thermaltake Biocide that you mix accordingly with distilled water. Biocide prevents mold and mildew buildup in your system.

Aspire Basically built my system, I'm just tweeking it now that I'm a little more experienced... (Need a 320 rad)

i think for now ill just stick to clear water. uv blue would definitely be a nice touch though.

hey aspire, when i get my gpu block, will my mcr 220 be enough for both cpu and gpu, or should i upgrade to a 320?

The MCR220 will be able to handle it, but upgrading to a 320 will help drop temps a bit.

My friend is running a i7 920 and a GTX280 off a single MCR220. (Note that neither is significantly overclocked, still a decent amount of heat load.)

how much do you think my cpu temps will go up once the gpu is in the loop? right now im at ~30idle ~50 load with 1.47v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom