Finally splitting my loops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
Finally splitting my loop.

Well, finally got the $$ I need to split my loops. Going to use my CPX-Pro for my 4890 and maybe a mosfet block down the road, and a modded MCP350 with an EK top for the CPU.

What I have a question about is where to place my pumps. I'm planning on putting the MCP350 in the 5.25" bays, but I don't know where I want to put my cpx-pro yet. Any ideas on where to put it?

Here is a pic of my setup now:
IMG_2596.jpg

This is the stuff I ordered yesterday. Won't be here till next Friday though :(

Swiftech MCP350 Pump
2 x Danger Den Fat Boy Fittings
EK-DDC X-TOP Rev 2
Zalman ZM-RHS90 4890 Mosfet Heatsink
1 x Bitspower G 1/4" Silver Shiny Rotary 45 Degree 1/2" Barb Fitting

Yeah, with that pump I still have that option. My stuff won't be here till next Friday so I still have some time to think.

The reason I'm thinking of splitting is because I'd like to keep the heat loads of my GPU and mosfets (later on) seperate from the CPU.

I would prefer the mosfets with w/e stays the coolest as a GPU can hit incredibly high temps... Mosfets also get... Extremely hot... Two hottest items on one loop could possibly, be to much for a single rad....

Well, my GPU now maxes around 36C load... I would say that is pretty cold... lol My CPU gets in the 60s

I think my MCR220 should be able to handle it. But, I guess we will see..

I would prefer the mosfets with w/e stays the coolest as a GPU can hit incredibly high temps... Mosfets also get... Extremely hot... Two hottest items on one loop could possibly, be to much for a single rad....

Yes, but both the GPU and the Fets are designed with much higher operating temps in mind compared to the cpu.

And the Fets really don't put that much heat out. They just generally aren't really cooled at all which leads to them running very hot.

My mostfets have a heatsink on them with a 80mm fan cooling them... They still get incredibly hot.... Funny to hear a GPU cooler than a CPU at load....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom