Dtek V2 mount? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding > Cooling
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Dtek V2 mount?

Sooo i want to go back to water and have all the parts i need except one tiny problem. Since my eVGA board crapped on me about 8 months ago i lost my 775 mounting holes. Now im stuck with 3 blocks that wont work on my current board. I have a Dtek Fusion V2 with custom Fits Acrylic top that is clearly my best block but wouldnt ya know it, no official support for 1156. I have the universal bracket plate but nowhere does it show me being able to use that on my socket. So anybody have any ideas as to what i could do? I really cant afford to buy a new block or anything like that but cheap suggestions in the 0-15 dollar area i might be able to accomodate for if need be. If im screwed just lmk and ill just sell my water parts to a friend probably.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Dtek V2 mount?

So im a retard. Turns out the universal mount works and i coulda used it all this time. I just hope there are no components blocking the mount on my GB board like there is on my eVGA.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

Think i screwed up my i5 with this water cooling. I know i did everything right and temps where great but it was constantly freezing on 3dmark06 on anything higher than 3.6ghz. Im now back on the true and i cant do 4 or 4.2ghz unless i run a higher voltage than before (before was 1.4125v now its 1.45v)

I now have it stable but its real hot. Gonna try water again after i know for certain its solid with higher volts.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

Ok so im stubborn and want to use this SO ive decided to put the loop on my 940 instead. Should i use the quad core insert on the 940 or leave it out like Core i? Somebody told me that the quad insert is meant for C2Q but just want some more opinions if anybody looks at this.

Also, got the loop and block working perfectly so there will be no killing of hardware this time.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Ok so im stubborn and want to use this SO ive decided to put the loop on my 940 instead. Should i use the quad core insert on the 940 or leave it out like Core i? Somebody told me that the quad insert is meant for C2Q but just want some more opinions if anybody looks at this.

Also, got the loop and block working perfectly so there will be no killing of hardware this time.
Don't use the insert, there are no conditions where it does anything beneficial in terms of temps.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Build Guru

I actually forgot to edit, i found on Google that the insert is used for the C2Q because its 2 dies. I got some extra parts at Lowes today and i hope the loop works better than it did before. (Despite me borking the i5, the loop was actually real good keeping its loads in low 60s). I got some longer screws to fit my Sythe Kaze Ultras for uber fannage and a few adapter barbs so part of my pump setup doesnt look so derp.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread