Do I need to remount my cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roark

Lord of Bacon
CPU temps (Q6600 @ stock w/ A70)

Idle: 24/27/16/22
Load: 42/44/36/39 (P95)

The third core is always cooler by quite a bit. I know 2-4°c is no big deal, but 9-11°c?
Not sure if I should be comparing core temps between greatest variance or least, ie: #2/#3 or #3/#4.

Also, anyone still have a good Q6600 OC guide bookmarked?
Was looking at this one but I know Slay had some reservations about Clunk's P67 OC guide, so not sure how accurate/helpful it will be.

You are fine bro. I wouldn't worry about that 3rd core. It's prolly just a bad reading.

I had a Q6600 that did something like that, but it wasn't that drastic.

Can't say I remember any OC guides. I was taught by a friend. Too long ago...

CPU temps (Q6600 @ stock w/ A70)

Idle: 24/27/16/22
Load: 42/44/36/39 (P95)

The third core is always cooler by quite a bit. I know 2-4°c is no big deal, but 9-11°c?
Not sure if I should be comparing core temps between greatest variance or least, ie: #2/#3 or #3/#4.

Also, anyone still have a good Q6600 OC guide bookmarked?
Was looking at this one but I know Slay had some reservations about Clunk's P67 OC guide, so not sure how accurate/helpful it will be.
I'm not familiar with the mounting process of the A70 but if each corner is independently tightened it could be one side is higher than the rest. It isn't a big deal at all really unless you are doing real high OCs where a few degrees temp on load could make all the difference.

A P67 OC guide would not be helpful in your situation at all. You need to adjust multiple voltages and FSB to increase your clocks on the Q6600. It really isn't that hard. If your board is capable, drop your memory divider to 800, and start raising your FSB in 5mhz increments until you start to BSOD then start raising your voltage slightly till it stabilizes again. Keep doing this till you can't anymore or your temps at load start getting around or over 65C. This is a very basic "guide" but none the less how you OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom