Decent water cooling for ~$200 - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding > Cooling
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Default Re: Decent water cooling for ~$200

Quote:
Originally Posted by myowngod View Post
I went with a Y and a plug, if that sounds ok... I thought It might allow me to keep the tubes a little cleaner this way (can zip-tie the drain tube along the line to keep it from just hanging around) - I figured I'd just mount it with the Y going opposite of the flow direction... also... does the drain line need to be put into the lowest part of the loop.. or will anywhere do?
It will need to be at the lowest point in the loop if you want the water to drain itself out. You could always rotate the case around but just sticking it at the bottom is by far the easiest solution.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #32 (permalink)
Super Techie

So I'm attaching a pic of my case as is... the red up top is where the 3x120 rad will be.. the yellow is the general location of the pump/res and the blue is where the 140mm exhaust fan is. While I'm putting this thing together, would I see any gain by running another radiator where that 140mm fan is? I've seen some people with that setup on the HAF.. wondering if it'd be worth it.. or if I'd be better off saving for a second loop (one for the GPUs)... Idea was to go from pump > 3x120 > CPU block > 140mm Rad > Res figuring the 140 might help keep temps even lower with very little extra money spent... was looking at this: Black IceŽ GTX Gen Two Xtreme 140 Highest Performance Radiator Products Model: GTX140 [GTX140] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1123.jpg (94.5 KB, 27 views)

Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

The MCR320 should be more than enough to cool the cpu.

In the future save that space if you do wind up cooling the gpu's because the cpu just won't need it.

If you do decide to water cool the gpu's I'd love to see a dual 140mm radiator setup with them mounted to the front and back 140mm fans. You will of course have to sacrifice your hdd rack, but that's nothing a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter won't fix.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 04-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #34 (permalink)
Super Techie

well I'll wait then.. I wonder if I can rig a way to mount a 2x120 rad on the back of the HDD rack... but I'll probably do a second loop with another pump and everything If I do that... or atleast I've read that was more efficient... one loop for CPU and NB/Sb and another for GPUs... could stick a pump at the bottom of the cage... mount the res outside the cage, and put the rad on the back of the cage...

Closed Thread