Decent water cooling for ~$200

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol as always you guys are awesome.. I'm actually building an i7 setup and that is what the H20 would be for.. the HAF case + 2 sli 285's + an overclocked i7.. it made sense to try watercooling....

You may as well, if your spending good money on a rig you can afford to spend an extra $70...

You may as well, if your spending good money on a rig you can afford to spend an extra $70...

That was my thought... I'm actually waiting to see if any new batches of i7s show better OC potential... but I figured I could get some practice hooking it up to the current rig...

A quick question.. it looks like the petras kit doesn't include a reservoir? how do I know what kind to get?

That was my thought... I'm actually waiting to see if any new batches of i7s show better OC potential... but I figured I could get some practice hooking it up to the current rig...

A quick question.. it looks like the petras kit doesn't include a reservoir? how do I know what kind to get?

The kit uses what's called a t-line. See the section of my guide that covers this for a detailed explanation.

Link is in my sig.

Ok... read about the T-line.... is it worth it to upgrade to a res? I have the room... also... would you go apogee or d-tech fuzion v2? based on your guide it sounds like the apogee is best?

The GTZ is the king of blocks in terms of i7 performance.

A t-line offers performance no different from a reservoir and is cheaper to boot.

Appreciate it... this is going to be expensive but hopefully totally worth it...

Aspire I really REALLY thank you for all the help

Appreciate it... this is going to be expensive but hopefully totally worth it...

Aspire I really REALLY thank you for all the help

Definitely post some pictures when you get the stuff.

Always happy to help when it comes to water cooling.

Aspire, I want to get red additive for the water, but wonder if this will affect performance or hurt the system somehow?

Aspire, I want to get red additive for the water, but wonder if this will affect performance or hurt the system somehow?

Get the Red feser tubing instead.

All the additives just come out of suspension and clog up your blocks. Plus they generally inhibit performance to a small degree.

ok thats what i was afraid of.. but the red tubing was a different diameter and I was reading it was harder to bend... but i gues in my fairly large case that should not be a huge issue huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom