Decent water cooling for ~$200

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
I was looking at spending around 120 or so to get the air cooling in my HAF 932 how I want.. figured if I could get a decent water setup (AKA, will keep it cooler than a high end air cooling setup) for not too much more (thinking 200 or less) - perhaps I could try it? I've read a ton of reviews on most pre-made kits, and they seem to perform on par (at load) with a high air flow case with a TRUE, and given a TRUE is ~$70+fans and these kits are ~200... well it doesn't seem worth it... so if you guys who know way more than I do were doing a new rig and 200 was your limit.. what would you do? or would you just stick to air until you could afford a better setup?

Another thought was.. get a flexible setup for 200 that allows the chance to further upgrade parts as time and money allow? any tips/ideas are appreciated... I am reading through the water cooling sticky as we speak..

Ok... this is a pre-built.. but it fits in the price range...? anyone use it before?: Petra's Tech Shop

With those you would also need a GTZ 1366 mounting kit.

2 120mm fans

perhaps a rad box if you want to mount it to the back of the case.

Once you add it all up it is close to the same price as the rev3 with a d5 pump in that one vs a ddc with top in the kit which is better.

Ugh, I had totally written this post and then when I went to post it, tf which has been acting stupid this morning just fails to load and I lost it.

Arghh...

Anyways, 200 kit will work just fine with your current setup, but the $270 wil be more future proof and will be able to handle a core i7 no problem while he cheaper kit might need to be upgraded.

A good loop should last you years.

Just my opinion, but try air cooling first, if it's sufficient there's no point in getting water cooling honestly.
I hope no one replies to this, because the only people who reply to my posts want to find something to rant about.

Just my opinion, but try air cooling first, if it's sufficient there's no point in getting water cooling honestly.
I hope no one replies to this, because the only people who reply to my posts want to find something to rant about.

You do realize that in his signature he lists his rig's specs and he is currently using a Xigmatek Rifle Heatsink...

You know, if you had just left it at the one sentence, no one would have said anything because it's decent advice...if he hadn't already been using an aftermarket HSF. Saying something like that is just inviting people to "rant" at you.

lol as always you guys are awesome.. I'm actually building an i7 setup and that is what the H20 would be for.. the HAF case + 2 sli 285's + an overclocked i7.. it made sense to try watercooling.... if I did the $270 kit.. would that be practically the same as peicing it together? or should I put it together myself..

gtz and mounting block $75
ddc with top $95
mcr320 with fans $68
rad box $8
fill port $10
tubing $6
worm drives $10

That is $272
that means you get this for free
• (1) 1/2" OD Black Nylon T-Fitting
• (1 bottle) Petra'sTech PT_Nuke -PHN Biocide
• (2) 1/2" OD, G1/4 thread Bits Power "Fat Boy" Fittings (for pump top)
• (1) Petra'sTech Water Cooling Setup Guide

That is maybe $15 i will not spend the time to find out. It is a good deal. If you wanted you could shop around and save a little but the time you spent would not be worth the money saved.

These were all prices from petra's tech shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom