Danger Den DD-CPX1 Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
As too why a bay reservoir I could not give you a definitive answer with solid backing but just more of the look I prefer. I have no problem with an inline reservoir, I guess it's that I'm able to route tubing and have less exposed tubing. :thumbsup:

When it boils down to it, just personal preference.

I'll be using a Cosmos S case.
Swiftech MCR320-QP
Swiftech MCP355
XSPC Bay reservoir for Laing DDC/MCP355
Apogee XT block

picture.php

This picture illustrates how little tubing will be ran upon initial set up.
Despite the case color that's the closest example I can present.

As for hardware I've planning on an using my brand new EP45-UD3P board in combination with an E8400/E8500 (haven't decided which yet).

I will start with a single HD5770 and next upgrade will be another HD5770 along with matching water blocks.

How am I looking? :big_smile:

An E8400/E8500 because I have a wonderful overclocking motherboard laying 2 ft from me begging to be used. It's a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P which also offers me Crossfire capabilities which I need.

Agreed that 775 is a deteriorating socket there's no reason why a E8400 won't serve my needs until 6 or 7 months down the road, when I can come up with the cash to invest in Intel's latest.

Going with any thing else would constitute me having to purchase a new motherboard and would put me over my total $850 budget. (As of now I'm perfect in that budget, $500 for cpu, case, and GFX; $350 for the water cooling).

My goal here is overclocking potential. I know I can push 5GHz with this set up, I've seen it time and time again on xtremesystems.

I'm still managing to get by with a X2 5600 so I'll be pretty content with a E8400.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom