Core-Contact Freezer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding > Cooling
Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Core-Contact Freezer

I've been told that the Sunbeam 120m Core-Contact freezer would be the best "budget" cooler I could get for my AM2+ system, and i was just curious if it would be able to sustain decent temps with a mild OC on a Phenom II x4 955 3.2GHz Black inside of a Lancool PC-K62.

I plan on OC'ing my ram, gpu, and cpu at least a little bit, and I'm concerned that the Core-Contact may not be enough. The True 120 is substantially more expensive so I would prefer not getting it unless it will definitely be needed.

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other :crazy:
Old 10-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Core-Contact Freezer

It's only for higher clocks that you'd need a better cooler. the core-contact will handle an average OC just fine.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 10-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Re: Core-Contact Freezer

Awesome, Thanks
Closed Thread