Cooling 2 4890's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inked

In Runtime
Is it worth the money to watercool my gpus with the way that the 5000s are already and GTX 300s comming out?

If you are going to keep them for a while, then yeah if you want to go ahead. If you use GPU only blocks you can use them on the 5800 cards as well if you ever upgrade.

Keep in mind a good 2 GPU loop with run about $250.

Ah ok. CPU only is a good place to start w/ water cooling. With a decent pump you can easily expand that to cpu + 2 gpu's + probably more

Your pump could definitely handle it however all that on a single 320 rad would be pushing it.

I would recommend adding an additional rad when you decide to cool the gpu's. Right now I'm cooling my CPU, GPU, and Mosfets, and running 1x320 and 1x220 rads.

Well I am going to get this kit from PTS Petra's Tech Shop and this Petra's Tech Shop. I was also looking at the UD7 x58 mobo and it has built in chipset

waterblock so would I be able to cool the chipsets and 2 GPUS?

Word of advice.

If you do order the Res-top to go with the kit, give them a call and they should be able to knock the cost of the regular XSPC top from the kit price and save yourself some money.

Tell Alex or Quoc (they own/run the shop) that Andrew says hello.

Your pump could definitely handle it however all that on a single 320 rad would be pushing it.

So are you saying that the coolant in the rad would get to hot, that one 320 rad wouldn't be able to dissipate the heat?

Aspire, whats the difference between the pump top and the res top?

So are you saying that the coolant in the rad would get to hot, that one 320 rad wouldn't be able to dissipate the heat?

Aspire, whats the difference between the pump top and the res top?

Simple, one has a built in reservoir, and the other doesn't.

Look at the kit and see the clear acrylic top on the DDC pump. This is simply there to improve performance and the kit is designed to utilize a T-line.

The Reservoir top integrates a reservoir into the performance enhancing top and just makes things a little simpler.

Read my guide for some more info.

speaking of your guide... you ever going to get around to finishing it? :p

And ya, all that wattage on a single 320 wouldnt yield the best temps. but aspire knows more than i do so listen to him, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom