Chipset Fan Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingofdudes

Beta member
Hello, I am planning on building a new computer and found a great deal on a MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum mobo. Now I'm prepared to buy it until I notice there's no fan on the northbridge. There is only heat pipes connecting it to a couple of heat sinks. I have not seen this mobo up close so I cannot tell, but does anybody know if it is possible to put an aftermarket fan on this particular mobo?

Hello, I am planning on building a new computer and found a great deal on a MSI K9N2 SLI Platinum mobo. Now I'm prepared to buy it until I notice there's no fan on the northbridge. There is only heat pipes connecting it to a couple of heat sinks. I have not seen this mobo up close so I cannot tell, but does anybody know if it is possible to put an aftermarket fan on this particular mobo?

alot of newer motherboards have the heat pipes instead of fans, they do the job well.
imo you dont need to install a fan in place of it.

unless you plan on overclocking with water cooling you won't need the fan. A lot of manufacturers like Asus provide a NB cooling fan for if you decide to overclock...it basically slips over the cooling fins and is a vertical squirrel cage fan....seems to work quite well (using one right now)

stick a 120mm fan pointing towards the NB and ram and your all set. Regardless if I need it or not it's good for piece of mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom