AWESOME! We got a cooling section!! -Got a crazy new build planned!- - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding > Cooling
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Papa Chester

Send a message via MSN to Antec-User
Default AWESOME! We got a cooling section!! -Got a crazy new build planned!-

AH-HA!!!

I noticed this earlier.. I don't know why they haven't made a cooling section sooner..

I'm going to keep my dual radiators (50/50 on it) but as any adult knows, you go through a lot of beer on a gaming stint.. And time passes quickly.. The trash can fills up quickly with empties and you have to keep running back and fourth across the house to get a fresh beer, between loading screens.. Only pausing for bathroom breaks. -I'm a night gamer.

Take one Mini-fridge, add in some extra coolant lines, and a gallon of pre-mixed anti-freeze, and some genuine gearhead know-how... and one will soon end up with two radiators (or one, or a good coil of copper tubing) in the top freezer of your mini-fridge.. Hehehehe.. AND you get a nice handy fridge to put your beer in!!

ALMOST Phase cooling, but not...

Plans still have yet to be revised.. I LOVE tinkering with stuff, and I'd love to try this one out! Thinking of running the coolant through tubing thru the fridge first for initial cooling, and then into the freezer. Maybe starting a good sized block of ice around a coil of tubing or around the radiator. I'm also going to be looking into a slightly 'different' pump to flow all this fluid.. Or dual swifttech pumps.. One for the 'top' section, and one to help pump the fluid back up from the fridge. And maybe a larger version of the Micro-Rez..

<---- If You enjoyed my ramblings, or if I've helped you, Check me... :D
Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Water Cooling Guru

Default Re: AWESOME! We got a cooling section!! -Got a crazy new build planned!-

Won't work.

Mini-fridge can't handle that kind of heat load. It's designed to remove the heat from food you put into it, and keep it that temp. Not constantly remove heat. You'll wind up killing the compressor from having it run continuously.

It's been discussed many a time and just isn't possible. If you want below ambient, grab an in-line water chiller.

Thanks!

The Official Tech Forums Water Cooling Informational Guide
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Papa Chester

Send a message via MSN to Antec-User
Default Re: AWESOME! We got a cooling section!! -Got a crazy new build planned!-

... BAH!

I found a mini counter top Wine Chiller and I had a crazy idea of using that as a case or for the rads.. But it doesn't have any kind of moisture control or air drying qualities.

<---- If You enjoyed my ramblings, or if I've helped you, Check me... :D
Closed Thread