Alienware Liquid Cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubson57

Solid State Member
A friend of mine wants an alienware desktop and I agreed to look into it for his benefit. I see that it comes with "liquid cooling". My question is how good (or bad) is their liquid cooling setup? I have always heard that stock liquid cooling setups on pre-built systems are usually crap. Would theirs be any better than a normal heatsink and fan?

i cant tell you much about specific parts, but if youre after liquid cooling, although it can end up being a bit costly, its better to do it right with a proper setup and not something pre-assembled.

anyway, alienware is too expensive for what you get.

if youre really his friend, youll tell him that it will benefit him even more if he builds it himself, lol :D

While I'm sure their "liquid cooling" is as good as or better than the "stock cooling" solution. It is not as good as an equally priced aftermarket heatsink.

Yea I figured it would be best for him to build it himself and get a regular aftermarket heatsink.

yea man if he went pre-built he'd easily save enough money for a good put together yourself water cooling set up (and even then unless he's planning to do like a 4.0-4.2ghz OC the water cooling is even useless :|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom