So it's been about a week so far since I have been without the speeds of my laptops NIC. One day I just booted up my laptop and there was absolutely no sign of the adapter, checked network connections, checked device manager.. Nothing...
I still have my built in wireless card but I still would like to have my wired card working. I have come to a conclusion that it is defective but I wanted to check with all of you amazing people first.
Below is what I have tried so far.
- Shutdown, removed all power, waited, rebooted
- Tried different cables
- Different ports on switch
- re-installed drivers from dell resource disk
- Checked bios settings. Made sure card was enabled
- Booted into Ubuntu and Knoppix to see if it was software related. Card did not work in Linux but it had before.
One more thing, If I do have to replace this piece of hardware, how would I go about doing that? Or would it just be not worth it?
Thanks for all of your help in advance.