Netbook for school

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Hey all, I've been looking for a netbook or notebook for school, since I've realised how much easier A-levels will be if I can electronically store my notes and such.
I've been looking at the eeePC S101:
Buy Asus Eee PC S101 Reviews

Look any good? I'll probably swap the XP home for Eeebuntu or something (I have looked for Linux versions of it to save money, however they are actually more expensive o_O).

Budget is around £300, not looking for anything fancy, just a basic comp for taking notes, doing hmk, and NOT browsing the web during class for answers :p

Also does anyone know what the maximum amount of RAM a eeePC can take? Best I can see is 1x2GB but I've found nothing concrete yet.

Not really impressed with the hard drive size. Sure it's SSD, but you you really need that for a lappy at school.

10.2" display is good. I find that any thing smaller is too difficult to deal with. Every thing else is rather simulare to Lenovo IdeaPad s10 or an MSI Wind.

I doubt I'll be using more than even 2GB of actual school folders, i.e. documents such. It can also be upgraded with another 16GB with the use of SD card, and I have a 16GB USB stick :p I doubt I'll have problems with storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom