Netbook Question before Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you wanted to install linux and if your netbook is capable of booting from flash drive.. why dont you use a program like unetbootin to install the linux distro. Or maybe you could just download something like wubi so you can dual boot ubuntu and xp. I dont know bout dualbooting with a netbook though. Especially with the RAM and disk space.

If you wanted to install linux and if your netbook is capable of booting from flash drive.. why dont you use a program like unetbootin to install the linux distro. Or maybe you could just download something like wubi so you can dual boot ubuntu and xp. I dont know bout dualbooting with a netbook though. Especially with the RAM and disk space.

Almost all netbooks have more than sufficient hard disk space to store two operating systems. And RAM has nothing to do performance in regards to dual booting. You either boot into linux or into XP. The fact that the other one is still on your hard drive doesn't have negative effects on your RAM.

I would say the minimum size for a hard drive to dual boot the above OS's would be around 20 gigs. You could do it with less but wouldn't have much functionality..

But then again netbooks aint really for functionality.
Unless your willing to upgrade..

Owning a netbook is like owning a second car. You don't use it all the time, you only take it out when you need/want too.

What would be the ultimate netbook though?
If a group of people got together with parts..
what would be the ultimate netbook build.

What would be the ultimate netbook though?
If a group of people got together with parts..
what would be the ultimate netbook build.

About the only improvement which I would like to see more of is netbooks with G3 Mobile Broadband capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom