Netbook performance issues, need help streamlining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shades9323

Baseband Member
Just got my wife a netbook and it is extremely slow. I looked in the task manager while no programs were running. The CPU usage is above 50% and the memory is above 65% and that is with nothing running in the fore ground. I am not sure what all the processes are but there are 68 of them. Seems like a lot for sitting idle.

What netbook manufacturer/model do you have? What OS do you have? Show us a screenshot of task manager. Also, did you look in msconfig, to see what programs are running at startup?

If it's running Win 7 then the memory usage may not be an issue since Win 7 uses a portion of your memory for a pre-fetch cache. The CPU usage seems high though so do as MoM said and check msconfig.

I don't know what processes are doing what. It is a Dell Mini 1012 with starter 7. Here are a couple of screen shots of the processes. There is some overlap. There are a bunch of "services" running as well.

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

taskmgr1.jpg

taskmgr2.jpg

Click "Show Processes from all users" to show the system processes, but it honestly doesn't look too bad, though your using a WHOLE lot of your RAM.

Yeah, it's all the bloatware that's hurting you. Unless you really need them, use decrapiufier to remove them easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom