netbook help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so basically it comes down to EEE or MSI wind. From what I had read before even posting, most things pointed to EEE as well. Do they come in any uniqe color schemes/designs? Like the dell mini, for instance, does on their website.

and as far as performance, either one (eee or wind) can handle the multitasking? how about any with 2 gb ram? im not sure about resetting the bios if i add a 1gb. and how about the linux question?

If going Asus the N10 looks pretty good with nVidia 9300GS graphics. I'm waiting for the 11"-12" Z550 2GHz / 9300GS to start popping on the market to make a decision myself.

+1 on the eee pc aswell, my next purchase is going to be the EEE pc.

I currently own a Dell Inspiron 5100, and a Gateway MT6729, both have 15" plus screens and 3hr+ batt life, but my main problem is the size.

The EEE pc packs the same punch as my gateway, and from what i have heard (can someone confirm this?) the intel atom might be a dualcore or have hyperthreading. If this is true, anything with 1gb+ and that cpu will be great at multitasking on XP. I wouldnt load a netbook with vista, its just too clunky...

The eeepc, Wind and nearly every other netbook are almost identiel as far as hardare is concreted so they all will perform the same.

The atom's used in netbook are single cores but have hyper threading. They are fast enough for most things you would need and are capable of some multitasking but don't expect it to be as fast as a Core 2.

I highly recommend finding a store that carries both of them and checking them out in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom