Is LCD screen the culprit? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Laptops and Notebooks > Netbooks
Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Is LCD screen the culprit?

I accidentally spilled water on my Acer Aspire One D250 netbook. I quickly took out the battery and dried it for a few days. Afterwards, the netbook worked but the left half of the screen is very dim (not dark) where you can barely make out the images. The right half displays normally. Also if you look closely, you can make out a water stain in the center of the left (bad) half.

If I attach the netbook to an external monitor, the display is good, so I know that the video card and motherboard are good and the problem lies with the lcd screen. Do these symptoms probably indicate that the screen needs to be replaced or is it the inverter only? I don't want to replace both since it could get expensive. Thanks!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Is LCD screen the culprit?

Is the netbook still under warranty? I'd send a RMA form to Acer, have them diagnose the problem.

That problem can be iffy. You'll save alot of money if it is still under warranty.
__________________ Steam Account
Closed Thread