Getting an HP MINI 311

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokesomi

Solid State Member
ok so after doing a ton of research, i have decided to get an HP MINI 311 with Win 7 HP. Now here is my question. I can get Win 7 Pro at student discount and was wondering if I should get that and install it over Win 7 HP or just leave Home Premium in place?

Exactly what research have you done on the HP? I personally don't trust HP except for their printers. Unless someone else has played with them. However, I do love the ASUS EEE line. I have the 1005HA.

You would want to wipe that hard drive clean of all the HP crap, and install 7 Pro. You will need drivers for your hardware not provided by 7. You can easily get that off HP Support online.

Hi,

HP Mini 311 netbooks are nice indeed. It has many positive reviews.

To be honest, unless you'll be taking advantage of the 'corporate' features Professional edition has to offer, then I'd just leave Home Premium installed. You can always remove the bloatware when you get it.

Alright, i haven't searched HP that well, I was looking towards a ASUS, Dell, or Acer. But if you find it good, go for it. I used to be mad at Acer, I heard so many stories of them breaking, but that was in the old days.

Bloatware, yes, in some ways, are easy to remove. It's just that if you need more security/power-saving options, I would go to a higher platform. My Eee 1005HA came with XP Home on it. Wiped it, put 7 Ultimate on it, toned down some of the desktop and power settings, great. Just needed to download certain drivers, and its fine.

BTW, not happy with your Macbook? :tongue:

i did my research all over the intertubes. /1337 but seriously i haven't really found a single complaint and it has what i need but i am wondering about xp mode. what is that about and what does it really do?
i dont have a macbook. i have an iMac that cant really go anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom