Another MSI Wind U100 thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theguywhobea

Solid State Member
Soooo, my mom got this netbook about a year and a half ago and recently she has been telling me that it will randomly not turn on for some reason, So I looked all through it and checked most of the crucial hardware and combed through the BIOS menu and I couldn't find anything that would cause it to do this, so I don't know, is this a common problem or something? Is there any easy way to fix this? Thanks for your help guys!

sooo, I talked to my mom more today and I guess it wasn't that it wasn't turning on at all, it was just hanging up at boot, so instead of starting windows it would just get to the splash screen and then stop, and she would just keep turning it off and on untill it did boot.

That's probably a HDD problem. try to run diagnostics on it. Use diagnostics for that particular drive. Seatools or WDTools.

does it have a media setup prior to starting windows? I have an HP mini (before I slicked it) that would go into this media mode where I could load up music, movies, internet, etc... then if I wanted after that load up the OS. Does it do this? If not, then I would possibly check the ram as well as the HDD. It could have gotten bumped loose, or the stick might be going bad? Either way it's not good for the OS to keep going thru a stop/start process like that over and over again. It will get corrupted at some point if she keeps doing it. I would suggest that she keeps it running until you can get the time to sit down and figure out the issue.

well, i know that it doesnt have anything like a media setup, soo i think i will just run a diagnostic on the HDD and maybe open it up and check all the hardware again. thanks for the advice guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom