After Windows Update Netbook RAM Reads 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

theopfor

In Runtime
My computer is an Acer Aspire One netbook 532h.

About June I upgraded my RAM, updated BIOS, and updated my chipset driver. Well, last week my computer updated Windows with something to do with Microsoft C++. Ever since then some programs started acting up. The taskbar or start bar (whatever it is called) was constantly restarting and when I would browse some files that would freeze up. I thought of it as something small and noticed no change in my RAM meter. Today my computer just got done updating again. The bootup took longer and the programs seemed to freeze again after it stopped 2-3 days ago. I saw my RAM meter was up to 80%. With 2GB of RAM my computer never seemed to go above 60% during daily tasks. I went to the Acer website to see if I needed a new BIOS but I still have the newest version, same with the chipset driver.

Anything I could do to fix this? I don't know why this happened...

What is this "RAM meter" that you are using?

I always practice, "If it isn't broken, don't fix it" That means if your BIOS and drivers are working fine, just leave it be. Unless you gain anything by updating them.

Try uninstalling that C++ update, if that is the thing that caused it.

The RAM meter is just a screen widget or somethin' I found built-in to Windows that I use. Task Manager says I am running 876MB out of 1024MB. Call me crazy but I can't find the update... I check the Windows Update and I can't find the update in the history.

Download and run CPU-Z, click on the Memory Tab. In the General Box it says Type, Size, Channels #, DC Mode and NB Frequency. What is the size listed? That is how much memory your system is reporting.

CPU-Z v.1.58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom