XPath - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Programming
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: http:\\www
Posts: 110
Default XPath

Ok, Im still having trouble pulling CSS cross domain from my parent page to an iFrame.

It has been suggested that I try XPath

Does anybody know how to use javascript & XPath to do this?

please note, that the whole idea of this is to do it without modifying the code in the parent in any way!
__________________

Axehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s
 
office politics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: in the lab
Posts: 6,555
Send a message via MSN to office politics
Default Re: XPath

using iframe.src still seems to be the best way to me.

read this, its a perfect example

Secure Cross-Domain Communication in the Browser

edit - requires editing the parent though
__________________

office politics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seg Fault'n
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The dried husk where America came from
Posts: 5,801
Default Re: XPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axehack View Post
Ok, Im still having trouble pulling CSS cross domain from my parent page to an iFrame.

It has been suggested that I try XPath

Does anybody know how to use javascript & XPath to do this?

please note, that the whole idea of this is to do it without modifying the code in the parent in any way!
I can't see any way that XPath would help you.
__________________


There are in order of increasing severity: lies, darn lies, statistics, and computer benchmarks. - diskinfo man page
"Get your money and let's go to court!" - Craig Mudie, MS
kmote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #4 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: http:\\www
Posts: 110
Default Re: XPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by office politics View Post
using iframe.src still seems to be the best way to me.

read this, its a perfect example

Secure Cross-Domain Communication in the Browser

edit - requires editing the parent though
I Agree, All i need is for them to append a variable to the src= URL, but they dont want to pull a dev off of another job to do it. So I have to find another way.

I have also been told to look at: xmlhttprequest

Cant see this working either, but if i can get it working locally, then show that it doesnt work cross domain then Ill be getting somewhere at least.....
Axehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
It's all just 1s and 0s
 
office politics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: in the lab
Posts: 6,555
Send a message via MSN to office politics
Default Re: XPath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axehack View Post
I have also been told to look at: xmlhttprequest

Cant see this working either, but if i can get it working locally, then show that it doesnt work cross domain then Ill be getting somewhere at least.....
wow, definately not very performance friendly. it should work, I would use php fopen with the url.

the iframe page requests the child page.

the server uses fopen to read the parent ... again.

the server finds the font value.

the server generates the child page w font value.

the server sends the child page.
office politics is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XML XPath Problems SmallGods Programming 0 11-07-2006 04:27 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.