Writing a program in binary

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
Can someone give me any information on sitting down and writing 1's and 0's to make your program?

It's so impractical that even Google couldn't find anything for me, but I would really like to see a Hello World tutorial in binary.

Anyone have any information on this at all? It *has* to be possible, right?

I believe in the old days it was called bootstraping, but I am with Baez there is no really way for it to be done on modern machines as it was done with old computers using punch cards.

I remember programming in hex on a cut down Z80. I think it was a z80. Anyway Baez and Saxon are dead on.

PS that z80 programming is something I did in college as part of an electronics course. so if you are still thinking about this (I would not recommend thinking about it too much) then maybe you will be able to find a course with something similar.

It *has* to be possible, right?
Technically, yes, it is possible. However, there's really no value in doing it. If you want to work at the lowest levels, use assembly language -- that's what it's for.

Technically, yes, it is possible. However, there's really no value in doing it. If you want to work at the lowest levels, use assembly language -- that's what it's for.

Meh, it's not really about doing anything constructive, it's about experiencing it.

You know how cool it would be to say "I programmed Hello World in binary"?

Where I come from, it would be *very* cool.

Meh, it's not really about doing anything constructive, it's about experiencing it.

You know how cool it would be to say "I programmed Hello World in binary"?

Where I come from, it would be *very* cool.

Round here you'd get bashed.

No bashing has taken place, we are just saying that while it is theoretically possible it isn't going to happen now a days. If he was able to find one of the much older computers (pre 80's) he could take a pop at it but it just isnt going to happen on modern hardware.

I applaud your enthusiasm aetherh4cker, although I personally would find the sheer number of 1's and 0's required would be like staring at a paisley wallpaper pattern for 10 hours ....:p I would at least want to make it hexadecimal ! Binary shorthand so to speak, a little more human-friendly anyway.

If you want a rediculously hard language with an actual compiler try Brainf**k (yes that's the actual name with asterisks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom