Writing a database using C# .NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I am writing a database for a fantasy webpage using C#. Should I use just a basic compiler or is there any advantage to using .NET software for DATABASES? I've used .NET before, but it was a file processing program rather than a database.

When you use .NET tools there is a lot less you have to worry about. So that's an advantage. The only reason I would anything else is if I knew nothing about .NET :p

Update:

Its been a month or two since the project is over, so I thought I would give an update.

I ended up chosing to do a Fantasy Baseball league with C# ASP .NET to create the database.

I didn't start coding it until three weeks before the due date (two person team).

The project was a huge success. I was able to implement everything I wanted: user log-in, user registration, user home page, free agency, trades, statistics, team pages, draft/draft results, etc. The pages had huge similarities to those on CBSSportsline and Yahoo. I was able to implement everything I wanted to except for a live draft (a preranking was used instead).

Comparing it to other fantasy sites:

+ CBSSportsline blows mine out of the water. Both in visuals and functionality.

+ Visually, ours was much better than Yahoo (probably because they taylor their site to alot of those on dial up), but yahoo has better functionality.

+ Ours is much, much better than ESPN's both functionally and visually. Their site sucks. Looks like they should hire us. :D :D

I would give you a link to it, but the college blocks all access to any internal databases to any outsiders.

Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom