Whered you get your programming smarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's what we can help you with. Do you know what you would like to write? If not I can give you a task to complete.

I wouldn't mind for someone to give me a programming task to complete. Preferably in C++
I can do VERY basic things in it..

I wouldn't mind for someone to give me a programming task to complete. Preferably in C++
I can do VERY basic things in it..

Pick whatever language you feel would be best for the task.

I have a plain text file with a list of names and numbers like this:
Code:
Dave       435987345023
    Alan        385912359823
         Moris    01189998819991197253
Judy         39482305

I want the names to be printed on the screen in alphabetical order with the correct number against them. Whitespace is ignored and the amount of whitespace is undefined.

Well I took the advice of a friend and have decided to go for an easier language such as python.
Anyone good at it?
Give me some good tips on python?

I started my programming learning with a couple video game creators (Blitz3D and DARKBasic Pro) and since then have been trying frantically to find another programming language that let's you make 3d meshes manually (without needing to import anything other than textures) for example in DARKBasic you would type this line of code to create one triangle for a mesh:

Create Surface (surf)

Create Vertex (V1,0,0,0)
Create Vertex (V2,1,0,0)
Create Vertex (V3,0,0,1)

Create Triangle (surf,V1,V2,V3)

If anyone could point me to another language that can do that too (not necessarily as easily but at least able to make custom meshes without needing an external program (3DStudio or the like))

I should also note that I will not buy a book on a specific language until I know 100% that I can do everything I need to create a 3D RPG in the one single language alone.

I've looked at the tutorials (MSDN library) for C++, C, C#, J#, BASIC, as well as Javascript and Python

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom