Where to start with C programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazedDude

Banned
Well, I think i'm about ready to step into the powerful world of C programming so I was just wondering where to start?

I know books are the best resource, probably, so what are some good C programming books?

Oh, and one more question - what do you use to "write" C ? Like an application that you would use to write programs and stuff by using C because I am having a tough time finding them by searching.

=/

Thanks for any help given!

:D

You could use something like Visual C++ to get started coding..

the best source would be books and the net...do a google search for c tutorials or something...you'll find thousands...

there are a few programs out there. i have this one called LEARNC which is 25 years old or so but works great with C.

Visual C++ as you can see works with C++ not C since there are a few changes between the too. If you use Borland you will also have that problem since it understands C++.

With LEARNC all you have to do is make a few changes to your "autoexec.bat" or "autoexec.nt" and "config.bat" or "config.nt" depending on if your using windows xp or earlier versions.

tell me if your interested and maybe i can help you out.
hell maybe we can program something together :)

I still find 'The C Programming Language' Second Edition by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie very usefull. Bit standards and Unix orientated though.

I think the books by Ivor Horton are awesome. The ones that I have for C & C++ are just great. Great examples and the reading is enjoyable. Check into that those when you have sometime.

I agree with scripter, Ivor Hortons books are amazing. Also, you could use something like notepad to write your code, those something VC++ is much easier.
Also, Bruce Eckle has some amazing books as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom