Whats you first language?

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester) vs. 3800+ (Newcastle)

• AMD Athlon 64 3500+ (Winchester)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (Newcastle)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Started out on Scheme (horrible language, but good to learn on) then went to Java and now I'm workin on C.

I don't really think of HTML as a language (even though the L stands for language). It's way too easy and doesn't implement any of the main functions of programming (ie loops, boolean comparisons, objects, ect..)

macdude425 said:
You learned assembly before you learned Visual C??? Wow...
yeap ,and assembly ,i think,is very freely.You can use it to do lots of things.you know ,I dont mean to say other language are not good.and i just mean that using assembly,you can do things relating hardware closely,which may be not needed.but when they do the same work ,the code by assembly are quiet longer.

Iron_Cross said:
Assembly just isn't as great now because the computers today are so freaking fast. And people want to use as little code as humanly possible :p

yeah,you are right.More and more programmer prefer to do the same things with fewer codes.

My first language was Fortran IV - boy am I feeling old! Then I moved into Fortran 77, C, C++, then Java with an emphasis on jsp and servlets. Never had any productin code in C++. There have been some OS specific scripting and I tinkered around with Basic on my first TI computer. I didn't have a tape drive for the TI so whatever I wrote disappeared when I turned off the system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom