whats a good programing language to start with?

I also wonder about Perl. Is it viable to learn as a beginner or is it something to avoid? I ask this because I have seen people argue Python vs Perl and many people seem to dis Perl because it is too flexible and hard to read. I tried Perl first and I liked it, but I switched because everyone told me to learn Python because it is easier, more popular, beter OO support, which is still way above my level to make a difference right now anyway.

C++ seems like a good place to start in terms of object oriented languages. It would make learning Java much easier afterwards. If you just want to learn basic syntax and simple programming I'd recommend looking at C.

C++ seems like a good place to start in terms of object oriented languages. It would make learning Java much easier afterwards. If you just want to learn basic syntax and simple programming I'd recommend looking at C.

I'd still recommend C++ over C, IMO. Unless you want to be closer to hardware/lower level, C++ would be fine. Besides, C++ is pretty much C with a more software-oriented approach compared to C.

This doesn't further the whole 'perl' discussion but... I really dislike 'assembly' language :(
Unless I will ever need to in the future, C++ is as low as I would like to go.

Back
Top Bottom