Weebly and Zen Cart, How to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaBryan09

Baseband Member
So im a noob when it comes to building any kind of website. I googled free website builders and came up with weebly.com, really nice site and has almost everyhing that i need. Weebly has an E-commerce type feature but its very limited.

My question is would it be possible to use a program like Zen Cart in conjunction with Weebly?

And if so how would I go about implementing it?

What I'm looking for is a more indepth way for customers to customize computers on my site that are for sale

The only thing Weebly has is basicly a buy now or add to cart button

here is one of the pages. All I can have the customer do is contact me for customization needs

Innovative Series

and what im looking for is something like tigerdirect has, where the customer can check boxes on the different components on there customizable computers, also have the program notify me of what they requested, but im sure it does hat already somehow.

Im sure there is a better way of doing my website then through weebly (i mean it free and you get what you pay for) but that doesnt mean im cappable of doing it. Im very web site illiterate and only have basic knowledge of HTML, it was hard for me to even figure out how to add my own adsense on my pages, i was uber proud when i did

but any advice would be appreciated

Just buy webhosting and then install Zencart. Much easier.

Any good host will have Fantastico, so installing carts or other CMS is very easy.

whats a good and cheap web host? looking at Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers by InMotion Hosting . . .

also if I pull the source code from my web page would i be able to upload it to the new host?

like stated i'm in need of a lot of help

Edit: My domain name is through GoDaddy and i only paid $11 for it so im not worried about losing anything right now

and my web page is so nice right now and would really like to be able to save it so i can do my little tweaks to it

and also I have questions about adsense . . . . . I guess im going to get the most out of Tech-Forums in these next couple weeks lol

again Thanks Tech-Forums for having such a vast amount of information

InMotion is good.

Personally, I use HostGator.

If you mean save the source code, as in, the actual files off the server... yes you should be able to put it up on the new host. If you mean save View->Page Source, then no...unlikely.

I haven't looked too deeply into the whole Weebly thing so I'm not sure how your site is setup.

What are your adsense questions?

oh, yeah forgot about the adsense

well really all i want to know is, how do i get google to advertise more specific things on my site?

ok now whats the difference between windows and linux when it comes to hosting?? I have seen sites that offer one or the other, some offer both, why is there 2?

Because you can run a webserver from either Windows or Linux. Unless you want to use ASP or any .NET stuff, go with Linux hosting. It's generally faster and more secure than Windows hosting. And, with shared hosting, it won't make any difference to you as far as using the website.

for a beginner which do you recommend? I here that there is a lot of info on ASP and that its easy to work with, but is that true?

Most web software now-a-days (forums, e-commerce, CMS's, etc) are powered with PHP. You'll probably never need to use ASP unless you specifically want to.

Go with Windows if you explicitly want ASP, otherwise, go with Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom