Website capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlevit

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I have a question that hasn't received many responses because alot of people don't actually know the answer.

There is a program out there called Utopia Angel (download link) which has been created for the only text based game called Utopia.

Now the tricky thing about this program is, that when on the game you can highlight and copy the main part of the game which consists of all your kingdom statistics etc and what this program would do is bring up a window with all the appropriet fields filled in from your game, so that you can use that information in the actuall program for attacks etc

Now i was wondering if somebody knew how that program actually does that and in what language has it been written in.

my bet would be on c++.. though, for what the program does (i play the game as well), it can be created in any general purpose programming languages.. Try this experiment, turn off angel, copy and paste the info in throne page onto a text pad, you'll see what angel has to parse.. basically, when you copy something into "windows clipboard" there is a library in most graphical library that parses stuff in clipboard.. and then you can just write something that will format the "gibbrish" into something more useful :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom