Webpage not Viewing right in Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymz

Solid State Member
Hi,

I have a little problem with my webpage. It views ok in IE, however, when viewed in Firefox, the arrangement is all off

Webpage

Anyone knows what's up with that??
Oh yes, i made the page in Microsoft Word :p Perhaps Firefox can't read the tags too well or something?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James

This is a very common problem. Webpages made for IE don't display right in Firefox or netscape (and other browsers), pages made for netscape don't display right in IE or firefox, and vice versa. It's a problem that's plauged the web developer for years. The best (well best looking) way to get arround this is to make a different webpage for each of the different browsers. Then you use JavaScript to find out which browser the user is using and redirect them to the corresponding document.
Some people don't like doing all that work (it IS a lot of work) so they just put a link to MS's site and say "download IE or don't complain". Still others try to use ONLY the w3.org standard HTML (I believe it's 4.0) and CSS. But that's also hard, because you can't do much of anything :p

So take your pick of how to fix it.

i see... thats rough man, think i will give the javascript method a go.
what do i use to make a page to suit firefox?
Are there firefox tags or something?

No. You just can't use any IE specific tags (like some of the meta tags). And you just need to keep tweeking untill it looks correct in Firefox or whatever else browser you're making it for.

You can make a website multi browser compatible by putting a lot of efford and testin in it.

I am currently working on my website and it works prefectly in all browsers, except for a little script issue with FireFox and DIV layer that doesn't work in IE.

i see... thanks alot guys, reallly appreciate the advice. think ill take your advice and re-code the page and test it accordingly.

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom