Web design questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake-Eyes

Daemon Poster
Is is possible to have a page that would act like a style sheet but be more like an HTML page?

On www.meridiantelescopes.com (my father's business), my father and i are trying to figure out a way to have a page that would include everything minus the content in the grey box. That way, we could use that as a template, link it on all his other pages, so if we needed to change something like the PO Box that is listed at the top of every page, we'd only have to make the change on one page.

Are there any good HTML/CSS/Javascript validators available on the internet? I know of the W3C's validator, but it didn't seem to catch everything.

Thank you for all help in advance!

Well, I commonly do it by placing the header (up to the point where you declare your content cell) in a header.php or whatever...then you just include it in your page:

PHP:
<?php
include('header.php');
?>

You do the same with the footer. Place all the code after your content cell in footer.php or whatever...then use the include only footer.php or whatever you named your file.

When you need to make a change, you do it to the header or footer file..and it affects every page that includes those files.

Of course that method requires PHP, and may not be the best way for you. Just a suggestion. Hope that helps. :)

Would using PHP alongside HTML, CSS and Javascript work fine? I can't see why not, but you never know.

Well heres 2 out of the 3 validators you wanted, i dont know about the javascript one, never seen one before.
CSS Validator
HTML Validator

As for PHP working alongside HTML, CSS, and Javascript it will work fine as long as your server your own supports PHP. If it doesnt there are iframes and serverside includes as well as asp includes. only one of these that all servers support are iframes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom