Wanting to make pop up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikwiththestick

Solid State Member
Hi i was wondering if someone could take the time to teach my how to make a useless program for when you double click on the .exe a opo up would come up and say "Hello".

It would sort of look like this...

well, that depends on what language you want to use :p the easiest way to create one i guess is using Visual C++ (as they don't require any external graphical library..).. I know how to do it using GTK+, and Java Swing library... Those are bad choices for you because well, first one you have to bundle your script with the GTK+ library, which is megabytes.. second one, you need java runtime library.. i say visual C++ because it is microsoft product, i assume it will work on windows without special library.. that is, you are displaying on windows right?

and no, i don't know visual C++.. hope some other people can give you the script :D also try google, it's your friend.. after you have at least researched what language you want it in, then we can talk more :D

i don't know, i have a feeling that your one of those people who just want to program some simple window and show off to other people you can program.. If that is the case, don't bother ask further..

No im trying to learn C or C++ my father an I (Who does know how to do it) want to start making usfull programms for Windows XP Linux and MAC. He said I should learn how to make something like this first then get to bigger things. I was more along thinging about making it using C. (Because it is what i should start with)

mmm.. if you want to learn, pick up a book and get the basics down first.. you can just barge in and start trying to make *useful* programs for windows, linux, and mac... it's also quite impossible to master the differences in different operating system's graphic user interface.. you can expect learning for about 5 years before you even begin to grasp the differences..

Have you build any console based applications yet? if you haven't, well, don't expect to build any useful applications..

oh yah, C++/C isn't very kind on new users.. so try something else, like python first.. :D

well, again, learn basics first, and post what you have done, so we can expand on that.. unless your taking a course, not many people has much spare time nowadays :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom