want to learn how to write programs/software

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules_upw

Daemon Poster
I'm interested in learning how to do some computer programming. I want to write some simple programs but i'm not sure where to start. Should i get C++, Visual basic or some other program? Also, where can i get an inexpensive version of these programs? most of the full versions i have looked at are like 600-700 dollars. I really don't want to spend that much on a program that i might not use that much.

Any help/comments are appreciated.

thanks in advance.

From what I've learned, Visual Basic is the simplest to learn and start with:confused:

And thats about all I know:p

BASIC is the easiest langauge to start with. There are many different flavors of BASIC but Visual Basic is the most popular. The langauge you choose really depends on what you want to do. I would recommend buying "Beginning Programming For Dummies" it gives you a lot of background on programming, and you learn a langauge called LibertyBASIC.

Thanks. it looks like Basic is the way to go.

I'll definitely get that "programming for dummies" book. It sounds appropriate. :)

BASIC wont do u any good.
Since u r a beginner, u need to develop programming logic.
Go for C. Even if it's hard..it is worthy.

Sorry I'm a little late on this one - VB is a good place to start, and there are millions of books on it. I started with PHP, which is a little less friendly than VB in terms of syntax, but there is a ton you can do with it and it's definitely a good intro to web programming.

I've found the For Dummies books pretty helpful... I'm using a C++ one right now. They're really good for the beginning programmer because they explain everything thoroughly.

OK. Visual Basic it is. Thanks Emily. :)

Next thing i need to get is some VB software. Where can i get a reasonably priced version? (I do not want a pirated version.) Also, how much is reasonable?

Search for #develop on google. It's the best free .NET IDE ever! It has compliers for C#, and VB .NET as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom